Thursday, April 20, 2017

My New Favorite Song

I've been practicing ukulele quite a bit lately. Even though we learn new/old songs in our Ukulele Workshop at Boulevard Music, I'm always on the look-out for new material. I like to cruise the ukulele clubs' websites and their songbooks. Richard G's Ukulele Songbook is rather extensive! Give it a look!
My new favorite song is a parody called "Blame It On The Ukulele." It's sung to the tune of "Blame it On The Bossa Nova," made popular by Eydie Gormé



I transposed the song into the key of G so it would be more suited for my voice. I found out that this song was written by the 60's song team of Cynthia Weil and Barry Mann. They wrote a ton of my favorite girl group hits!
I've always liked this song and the parody words written by Susan Nicholls of the Ukulele Republic of Canberra (URoC), Australia are so much fun! Here's their live version of this song. 

I can't wait to try this out on Saturday with our Ukulele Workshop group!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery