Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Yarny Baby

Victorian Lattice Square Baby Blankie

I LOVE knitting and crocheting items for babies. Baby stuff is small, easy to finish quickly and a joy to make.
I like how the lacy parts look like snowflakes, especially in these colors!

I recently finished a sweet baby afghan for a brand new baby boy. It's 100% virgin acrylic, washable and baby-proof! I used all of the blues, grays and white yarn in my stash. The square is called Victorian Lattice Square. It's a big square and fun to crochet.
I found two skeins of  Classic Shades, Universal Yarn in the "Lake" colorway. This yarn is also 100% acrylic and super soft. It has a long colorway striping feature, which in this color is very subtle.  I've started a little baby cardigan with this yarn.
Baby Cardigan
The yarn color, above, didn't really photograph well.  Here's a better sample of the striping colors:
Classic Shades in the "Lake" Colorway

I'll probably add little wooden buttons to the cardi. If I have enough yarn and TIME, I'll knit a baby hat to go with the cardigan.


Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:45 PM PST, Blogger Nickers said...

Love the blankie-- I have one I need to crochet asap for someone moms who's into purple. Thank your for inspiration. If I wanted to go to art/crafty type of boutiques where is a good spot in LA to hit?

 
At 9:57 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Art/Crafty Boutiques? Do you mean yarn stores? We have several. One of the best is The Knitting Tree, close to the Los Angeles Airport in Inglewood!

 
At 1:58 PM PST, Blogger Nickers said...

Ive been there! It's fab! Does LA have any kind of artist/craft boutique-y area?

 
At 2:09 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Los Angeles is a VERY spread-out City. There are many art, boutique areas. Abbot Kinney St. in Venice, North Vermont Ave. in Los Feliz, Westwood Village, Larchmont Village, Melrose Avenue in West Hollywood and more. Time to explore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery