Friday, December 02, 2016

Holiday Crafts 1964 vs 2016

Ladies from the YWCA, North Hollywood, crafting poodle covers. Valley Times, 1964, photo by Steve Young

I've been perusing holiday craft sites and patterns.There are LOTS of knit and crochet patterns on the innernets for your upcoming holiday bazaar! Not much has changed since 1964. Ladies are still making the same crafts today!
Patterns for those adorable poodle covers!

Clown dolls might be a popular gift item! Considering that clowns are now considered to be scary, I'd be careful who to give this gift to!
North Hollywood Woman's Club with clown dolls for sale. Valley Times, 1964. Photo by George Birch
You can make these festive clowns today!


Northridge Woman's Club Members Jolly Santa Crafting Get-Together, Valley Times, 1964. Photo by Gary Watson
Here is today's version of this cute little guy!

Have you started your holiday crafting? I'm busy making Granny Trees and Garlands of Stars


Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:13 PM PST, Blogger Julie said...

I'm giving one knitted Christmas gift--the Slip Stitch Dish Towels. I'm also finishing up my red scarf project contribution, which I read about here.

Love the poodle covers. My mom had one for a lipstick when I was little.

 
At 6:33 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Julie!
I love those slipped stitch dishcloths! I want to make one too!

Ellen B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery